The September-October 2018 show will feature the work of Mesa artist Craig Thornton,
accompanied by Juried Artists and the Millet House Art Collective.
Exhibition dates: September 14-October 26, 2018
Craig Thornton, Featured Artist, writes that the title of the show is Contemplation in the Wasteland, and that the show will “explore the theme of identity as revealed through various figures in relation to beautiful yet harsh environments. Both the figures and the environments will draw from elements of fantasy and science fiction, filtering these items through my own lens to reveal a personal mythology.”
Please submit work that speaks to or explores the theme, Contemplation in the Wasteland.
- Submit up to 3 artworks to SubmitMHG@gmail.com
- Include: Artist name and Contact phone
- For each submission include the following information:
Title and Medium
Dimensions of each artwork (including frame)
Price (Note: Artist 70%, Gallery 30% commission for each work sold)
- Include images of artworks, no larger than 2 MB each
- All 2 dimensional mediums are accepted. No larger than 26 x 26 inches, including frame.
- Work must be ready to display and hang. (Must have a hanging wire or bracket to attach to the wall)
- No damaged work will be accepted.
- Submit only if you are able to drop off and pick up your artwork to The Millet House Gallery located at 440 West 1st St, Mesa AZ
- Submission Deadline: Saturday September 1, by midnight
- Notification date: Thursday September 6, by midnight
- Drop-off Dates:
Sunday September 9, 2-7 pm
Monday September 10, 4-7 pm
- Opening Reception: Friday September 14, 6-10 pm
- Closing Reception: Friday October 26, 6-10 pm
- Pick-up Dates: Friday October 26, 9-10 pm, (After Closing Reception)
Sunday October 28, 2-7 pm
Artists are encouraged to share the event and attend the opening reception as well as other open hours.
We look forward to seeing your art; good luck!
- Submit 5 examples of recent work (preferably in the last 2 years) Each image can be no larger than 2MBs
- All 2 dimensional mediums are accepted. No 3D work accepted at this time.
- Submit only if you are able to prep, hang, and take down show at The Millet House Gallery, located at 440 West 1st St, Mesa AZ
- It is preferred that featured artist be able to attend opening and closing of the show as well as volunteer for open gallery hours. (Hours vary and are flexible.) Submit ALL information to SubmitMHG@gmail.com
- Submission Deadline: Dec 1st, 2017