Help us Help Others!
Artists are having a difficult time, with shows and festivals drying up. Nonprofits are having a difficult time. The Millet House is a 501©3 under our original name, Floaters Foundation. Our EIN is 41-3172967. Our mission is to support people from marginalized populations by giving them a chance to enter the art world via a real life, professional gallery that draws professional artists to exhibit here as featured artists or juried supporting artists. (“Floaters” is from the Japanese word for “homeless.”) A core group of emerging artists learns all the ins and outs of running a gallery, while professional, established artists advise us.
There are many ways to support the Millet House!
- Attend our events, talk to the artists and volunteers and encourage their work. In 2020 and early (we hope) 2021, our events are online. Email email@example.com to join our mailing list, or watch the site for Opening Receptions and more.
- Volunteer! We always need help. We have plans of rebuilding a ramada in our courtyard, once it’s safe. Come to our Zooms and invite your friends!
- Buy art! We need collectors! In Covid times, 80% goes directly to the artist, while 20% of all sales go to help keep the Millet open and to supply emergency funds for those artists who are in need (light rail passes, etc.)
- We love in-kind donations; art supplies and children’s books are always needed.
- –>> Donate to our Paypal. The Paypal link is here: Donate ! The money goes directly into the Millet House bank account. If you do donate, please drop us a note so that we can properly thank you.
- New! Be one of the first to join our subscription-based Patreon, the fundraising site used by professional artists and other creators, at http://patreon.com/themillethouse . Our best deal: for $18/month, you will receive a postcard-sized print in the mail of an original work of art! Our hope is to have 150 subscribers by the end of the year. Could happen!